Electric Itlog

An archive of what was and what will be...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Other Senses..

After watching The Sixth Sense, I wonder why people don't claim they have a third-ear..

Last night, I was able to treat myself with a screening of "The Sixth Sense" on StarMovies. Being an M. Night Shyamalan fan, I was really excited to watch the movie (again..). And I must say that although I have watched the film for a number of times, the dead people still scare me..

Now I have a secret to share with you. To paraphrase the famous line from the movie: "I hear dead people"..

Yup, call me a freak, but I can actually hear things normal people don't always hear. Some people call it a gift, some people call it a curse, I call it a.. a.. okay, so I don't call it anything.

Which makes me wonder, what should I call it?

Well, people into the whole paranormal scene have lots of terms for this. If you ask anyone who has a firm background in the paranormal and occult fields, they will tell you that the lead character in the Sixth Sense has a special ability called Clairvoyance.

Clairvoyance is an ability wherein a person can see things not usually visible to the normal person. Some attribute it to a "third eye" located just above the brow (thus the name sixth sense.) While many people say that there is no third eye, others claim that it exists and it is the thing that give other people the ability to see things associated with the more spiritual levels of the universe.

I won't go into details of how this third eye works, or for that matter, if it really exists or not. What I do want to share is the fact that clairvoyance isn't the only special ability in town, in fact there are still two other well known abilities: clairaudience and clairsentience.

Clairaudience is the ability to hear sounds not normally heard by other people, while clairsentience is the ability to feel things not normally felt. Why there are no document abilities that make you smell or taste special things, I do not know.

The deal is that whether you believe me or not, I will tell you that I have clairaudience. I did have a bit of a clairvoyant ability before, but I guess my third eye needs special glasses now, since I really see nothing clearly.

So what's the point of all this babblings? Nope, I am not going to share any ghosts stories or spooky anecdotes on how my clairaudient abilities made me hear creepy sounds--that's reserved for next halloween. Again, I go back to my original wondering: what should I call this thing?

I mean, the clairvoyant people can go around claiming they have a third eye, but what about people like me who can hear stuff? I don't think that I can go around and claim that I have a third ear! I mean, that's not spooky; that's just disgusting. It's even weirder if you try to figure out where that third ear sits--will it be in your forehead? Or maybe in the back of your head? Or in the nape perhaps?..

Well, I am firm to say that I believe that I don't have a third ear. Instead, I have a second pair of ears, probably just under or above the top of my normal ones. Yup, that would be better. But still, I don't think that anyone will be interested to hear about the Seventh and Eighth senses very soon.. :D

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

teber obcena

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home