Electric Itlog

An archive of what was and what will be...

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Electric Itlog: Now Even Stickier

After almost ten hours of mind-numbing coding and design, it's finally finished. Yes, I'm proud to present to you the new edition of my blog. Welcome to Electric Itlog, Oh-Sooo-Sticky Edition.

Yeah, I know that it's almost a month late (me and my press-releases), but I've been so buried with my client work that I didn't have the time to actually finish my design. I spent quite some time trying to figure out how this new edition will look, trying out new ideas and techniques I have learned through my past projects. In fact, I had to go through three design ideas before finally settling for this one.. And it's good cause I'm happy.. Hehehe..

As the name suggests, this edition of Electric Itlog is inspired by stickers. Thus, the "stickish" design and the fancy wallpaper background. I chose a light powder blue as the highlight color and blended it with hues of rich gray (which, accidentally, I worship and adore.)..

Anyhow, this is still a work in progress. I'm just excited to see it working, so I didn't plug-in all the things that I want. There are still some elements that I'll add in the near future, including nifty ajax functions and javascript effects. So don't be suprised if it suddenly breaks or goes down every now and then.. As I said, it's a work in progress.

There are also some things to take note:

  • This theme will look different depending on whether or not you're using Internet Explorer. If you are, you'd probably see the next best thing. There will be no semi-transparent backgrounds and great PNG based overlays (due to the lack of PNG transparency in IE6 and below). I had to hack my way (in several different places) just to be able to showcase something in IE. I even got to the point that I wanted to not include IE support. But knowing that most people are still stubborn enough to use it, I just did my best.
  • If you're using Firefox, Opera or Safari (or any other browser, except IE or derivatives of IE), then congratulations! You're browser doesn't suck!
  • Javascript and CSS will make the experience better.. But they're not really required..

Well, here it is: the seventh reincarnation of my blog. I thank every one who cares to drop by every now--you are the reason I love doing these things.. ^_^

Don't forget to drop a comment if you have suggestions, questions or plain comments..

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At 8:07 AM , Blogger thenomad said...

very nice update. it's so sticky, i can't get out. ^_^

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger goddess said...

nakulangan ako.
nag-expect lang cguro ako ng sobra.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger mrs.j said...

plain.. sana may color!

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said...

simple yet sticky..it is sticky!

thanks for dropping by :-)

 
At 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your blog link from philweavers. This is one nice blog theme! More power to filipino designers.

And to the person above who said this blog theme is plain, i think it's fine. Certainly gives it a more sophisticated look. Unlike that cluttered page of yours.

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Electric Itlog said...

@thenomad: don't worry.. just stick a little longer.. ^_^

@goddess: hehehe, I guess you're expecting something wild and maximalistic.. I don't do those things now.. It's better to stay simple.. And I guess you're using stupid Internet Explorer?.. ^_^

@mrs.j: i don't like too much color.. It's not only unflattering, it's not really that great.. Have I told you i love gray?.. And a wild guess: you're using stupid Internet Explorer too?.. ^_^

@Nadriamez: Hey, thanks for stopping by.. Link exchange?.. ^_^

@anna: thanks for the "filipino designer love", but let's keep negative criticism to ourselves.. I'm guessing you're a web designer like me (cause you know philweavers), so I guess you know better.. ^_^

@all: keep the comments flowing..

 
At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep comin markee, nice new look! bTW, count ur blessing always, esp dat recent Glorietta event and ur post! :)

 
At 2:55 AM , Blogger Marlon J. Locsin said...

err... hindi kasi transparent pag internet explorer...

hehehe firefox naman ako eh...

maganda naman at least walang masyadong kulay...

kasi may contrast blindness naman ako so walang use ang kulay...

hehehe... maganda naman...

bkit flowers yung BG...

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Misterhubs said...

I like that it's clean and minimal. I like the transparent background. I like that the archives, links, etc. are all at the bottom for easy navigation. I like the logo. I like that it doesn't look like a typical Blogger theme.

I have mixed feelings about the background. I like the grey tones but I'm not a big fan of the flowers.

Over-all, I like this new edition. Well-done, Electric Itlog :-)

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Electric Itlog said...

@josh: Thanks.. Yeah, I'm so thankful for dodging two heavy bullets.. ^_^

@napoleon: Yeah, PNG Transparency sucks in Internet Explorer.. One of the few reasons why I advocate not using it..

@misterhubs: Thank you so much for the feedback.. The floral background is supposed to resemble vintage wallpaper, but I see it doesn't work that well.. Let's see if I have better and more "vintagey" patterns on my stocks.. ^_^

@all: thanks for the comments.. I'll be updating the site soon to incorporate your suggestions.. I'm still keeping the commenting open, so keep the comments flowing!.. :D

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger kalansaycollector said...

i love it! i go for pasweet-emo-dark look. ;p

galing!

no wonder you are a talented graphic designer! ;p

 
At 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the new design. Are u IT or something? This is great. I am using Firefox right now, but I recently downloaded the newest version of IE, too. Again, loved it!

Don't worry, the Gumamelas didn't outgay the entire design. ^_^

 
At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha am using FireFox!

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger poor java boy said...

ano ba iyan. panay english.

 
At 2:58 AM , Blogger Electric Itlog said...

@kalansay: thanks.. "pasweet-emo-dark-look".. hahaha.. I like that.. ^_^

@reyville: nope, taking up journalism.. but I'm a graphic artist slash web developer by profession (which is actually my extended freelance gig).. And as I told Misterhubs, nothing says Electric Itlog like a dark version of Lito Atienza's polo print. ^_^

@l.a: good for you! your browser doesn't suck.. hahaha.. welcome to Electric Itlog.. :D

@poor.java.boy: weh, wag ka na.. ang tagal mo kasi.. >:P

@everyone: again, thanks for the comments.. I'll be closing the comments by my next post.. so if you still have something to say, better say it now!.. ^_^

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger goddess said...

EXCUSE ME?!

matagal na akong hindi nag-iinternet explorer!

firefox kaya gamit ko!

che!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger poor java boy said...

di na! tagal tagal kasi!

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Admin said...

I love the ITLOG.... Tapos sticky pa?? hehe :)

Congrats!

 
At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bungga ng bagong theme, Mars! Kung puwede lang magpagawa sa Wordpress...hmmm...

 
At 6:09 AM , Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said...

I'd love to link you up :-)

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Electric Itlog said...

@goddess: Hahaha.. Again, I'm not against you, I'm against Internet Explorer.. Contestant number 11.. ^_^

@poor.java.boy: yeah right.. Boo!!

@richard: Thanks.. :D

@empress: yeah, Wordpress doesn't allow custom CSS, unless you run Wordpress from your own server.. ^_^

@nadriamez: thanks.. I'll add you to my roll.. ^_^

 

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home